Hair Transplant Surgery vs Cosmetic Hair Patch or Permanent Wigs: Pros and Cons
Baldness has become a prevalent issue among people in recent times. Both males and females experience baldness. There was a time when baldness or hair loss was associated either with age or with genetics. Currently, several other factors contribute to the occurrence of hair loss among individuals. These reasons usually include stress, chronic diseases, poor lifestyles, unhealthy diets, and so on.
Undoubtedly, hair loss can hurt individuals’ lives. They may even lose confidence, become depressed, and experience other adverse effects. Of course, these could be betters signs. When people start to see significant signs of hair loss, they are left with fewer options, including cosmetic hair patches or permanent wigs and hair transplant treatment.
Permanent wigs (Cosmetic Hair Patches) and hair transplant surgery are two distinct options for addressing hair loss and depend on the scale of baldness and the donor (back side of scalp) area, each with advantages and disadvantages. Moreover, the outcomes they provide are also entirely different.
If you are contemplating which is better: permanent wigs (Cosmetic Hair Patches) or hair transplant surgery, then read this post.
In this blog, we will discuss the significant distinctions between permanent wigs (Cosmetic Hair Patches) vs. hair transplant surgery, along with their pros and cons.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started…
Cosmetic Hair Patches, or Permanent Wigs, or Non-Surgical Hair Replacement
Cosmetic Hair Patches or Permanent wigs are artificially created customized and fine-quality human hair pieces. They are designed to conceal areas of the scalp experiencing hair loss. More often than not, wigs are crafted from human hair under DHITM Total Care System. However, some wigs are made of synthetic materials, offering various styles, hair colors, textures, and lengths. Some individuals may choose permanent wigs (Cosmetic Hair Patches) as a preferred alternative to hair transplant surgery due to their inadequate donor area for hair transplant, affordability, convenience, quick fix, and versatility. Permanent wigs (Cosmetic Hair Patches), despite their benefits, come with a few drawbacks. These include the need for regular care and maintenance after a specific time, potential damage to your natural hair and hairline, and a less natural appearance and feel than your hair.
Here are the pros and cons of using cosmetic hair patches or permanent wigs:
Pros of Permanent wigs (Cosmetic Hair Patches)
- Permanent wigs (Cosmetic Hair Patches) are affordable solutions
- They can be customized to match your needs
- You have the option to choose from a wide variety of styles matching your needs
- Permanent wigs (Cosmetic Hair Patches) are convenient to use
- They can change your appearance instantly
- Permanent wigs (Cosmetic Hair Patches) are versatile
Cons of Permanent Wigs
- Sometimes Permanent wigs (Cosmetic Hair Patches) do not offer a natural-looking appearance
- In the long run, permanent wigs (Cosmetic Hair Patches) can contribute to increased costs in maintenance, but at DHI International, (Cosmetic Hair Patches) maintenance does not require much fee.
- Wearing wigs causes discomfort such as itching, irritation, or rash. Always wear customized fine, quality human hair cosmetic hair patches.
- They require regular care and maintenance
- They are not long-lasting. You may need to change your wig after a certain period
Let’s now understand what hair transplant surgery is and how it can benefit you. Here we go…
Hair Transplant Surgery
Hair transplant surgery is a medical surgical procedure. It involves the extraction of healthy follicles from the donor site (preferably the back side of the scalp) to the balding region (known as the recipient site). There are several hair transplant techniques available, such as Direct Hair Implantation (DHI), Follicle Unit Extraction (FUE), and Follicle Unit Transplantation (FUT), among others.
The DHITM Direct hair implantation is the most advanced hair transplant technique. These methods are effective and efficient if performed by highly trained surgeons under strict safety and hygiene protocols, not by technicians/nurses. Hair transplants help individuals achieve lasting and natural-looking hair growth. The success of hair transplant treatment is influenced by various factors, including graft survival rate, the doctor’s reputation, the technique used, the clinic’s experience, and so on.
If done correctly, using the right tools and techniques, such as the DHITM Total Care System, one can be sure of natural-looking results with maximum density and no downtime. The hair that is transplanted onto the balding areas grows naturally and permanently. There are several benefits associated with hair transplant surgery; let’s now take a look at them:
Pros of Hair Transplant Surgery
- Hair transplant surgery offers a permanent solution to baldness
- Hair transplantation enhances your overall appearance
- Treatments like DHITM Total Care System are the least invasive and pain-free techniques
- They do not leave any scars
- Hair transplant treatments result in fuller and natural hair growth
- Hair transplant treatments do not necessitate replacement or frequent visits to the clinic
- They do not have any negative effects on your existing hair or cause any adverse reactions
Let’s now look at some of the cons of hair transplant surgery.
Cons of Hair Transplant Surgery
- Little expensive compared to cosmetic hair patches or wigs and other hairpieces (BUT EVERY PENNY YOU SPEND IS WORTHWHILE IN THE LONG RUN)
- Some surgical procedures can potentially result in pain, swelling, bruising, infection, or scarring, like old hair transplant techniques or surgery performed by untrained surgeons or performed by technicians/nurses.
- The final results may take months to become visible
So, there you have it: Cosmetic Hair Patches or Permanent Wigs vs. Hair Transplant Surgery. Hopefully, this article has been informative and helped you make an informed decision. However, when it comes to choosing the best among both, it solely depends on your baldness scale, budget, expectations, personal preferences, and medical conditions.
Making a choice may seem difficult at the outset. However, with the proper guidance, it becomes a breeze. Therefore, we suggest visiting a reputable hair transplant clinic to seek advice from a qualified hair transplant surgeon.
How Can DHI International Medical Group Help?
DHI International Medical Group is a renowned group of hair transplant clinics that offer top-notch hair transplant services in India and internationally. DHI clinics are available in 45 countries, with 75 clinics worldwide. DHI clinics provide the latest and most advanced hair transplant treatment under the DHITM Total Care System. This innovative procedure ensures that patients achieve fuller and more natural-looking hair. DHI’s team consists of highly qualified and trained surgeons who specialize in providing customized solutions for hair loss.
If you are currently experiencing hair loss, the DHITM Total Care System is an ideal solution for you. We recommend scheduling a face-to-face discussion or video meeting with our surgeons for more detailed information and an exhaustive treatment plan. This will help you to make a well-informed decision that will have long-term implications.